- The practice at the department of the “Monitoring systems and data management” at the Central-Asian Institute of Applied Geosciences (CAIAG), Kyrgyzstan
- Study of Remote Sensing techniques by monitoring land cover changes in the area of Akshyirak massif, naming retrospective analysis of Petrov glacier-lake complex and near located “Lysiy” and “Davydov” glaciers.
- Implementation of database geoprocessing on wild animals of Kyrgyzstan
- Participation in the expedition of the field work training on the glacier 354 and mass balance measurements of it.
- Retrospective analysis
Retrospective analysis means a study, in which a search is made for a relationship between one phenomenon and another that occurred in the past. In this work, it was realised by making an animation of land cover classes. A total of 8 Landsat scenes were used in this work for 1989, 1990, 1999, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2014 years with 30 m resolution for summer season. The first step was that to composite bands of Landsat imagery for all-time series scenes in ArcGIS and clip all raster files to one particular study area. All non-changed land cover was masked to 1989 image in Adobe Photoshop in order to make an animation, where only the changed LULC areas are visible. Then ready data frames were transformed to the ArcGIS, where “Lysiy” and “Davydov” glaciers and “Petrov” lake were digitized, exported and designed as on image map. Last step was to upload frames in Macromedia Flash software to make an animation.
- Expedition to the glacier № 354 in the Akshyirak massif
Glacier No. 354 located on the Akshyirak range, altitude approx.4000 m, inner Tien Shan, Kyrgyzstan.
The training consists of a) using climbing equipment and accident prevention on the glacier, b) drilling the ice in the area of glacier ablation, using “Heucke Ice Drill”, c) construction of a drilling equipment at the site of glacier ablation and GPS survey of stakes position. Below, some pictures from this expedition
2) The practice at the Geography department of the University of Fribourg , Switzerland.
will be updated….